Clays Mill Elementary
Clays Mill's Guidelines for Success:
Cooperate with Others
Always Show Respect
“The mission of Clays Mill Elementary School is to create a collaborative community that ensures all students achieve at high levels and graduate prepared to excel in a global society.”
Snow Make Up Days
FCPS has announced that the following days we will now be in session to make up our missed school days due to snow!
Kindergarten Registration 2016-17 School Year
February 2nd - 25th
April 5th - 28th
June 6th - 7th
July 6th - August 10th (First Day of School)
These weekday registration windows are open 9:00am -1:00pm.
There will also be two evening registration sessions on February 9th and April 12th from 5:00pm - 7:00pm.
Please bring the following to registration:
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam **
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1, 2017)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1, 2017)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
** You may register without these two documents, but your child may not attend school until they are on file with FCPS.
* Proof of identity & birth date
A legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth is required for school registration. These are acceptable alternatives:
- Student's valid passport or other federal government identification;
- Custody decree or court order of dissolution of marriage of the student's parents, identifying the child by name and date of birth;
- Student's valid Kentucky driver's license or permit (if 16 or older);
- Prior school records (other than FCPS) identifying student by name and date of birth; or
- "At this time, I am unable to provide the school with one of the acceptable forms of proof listed above. I understand that this constitutes written notice that Kentucky state law requires that I provide the certified birth certificate or one of the above-listed items to the school within 30 days of student enrollment. If I fail to do so, I understand that I will be reported to local law enforcement or the Kentucky State Police for investigation."
You can get a birth-certificate application from the assigned school or from the Fayette County Health Department, 650 Newtown Pike; call (859) 252-2371.
If you have questions regarding kindergarten enrollment feel free to contact our school secretary or look on the FCPS Kindergarten registration website for additional information.
Read Across America Week
Feb. 29th – Mar. 4th
In celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday on March 2nd, the following activities will take place during Read Across America Week at CME:
Monday, Feb. 29th: Fox in Socks and The Foot Book -Crazy Socks & Shoes Day. Wear your crazy socks AND/OR mismatch your shoes!
Tuesday, March 1st: Cat in the Hat – Hat Day. Put on your hat and read day.
Wednesday, March 2nd: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish- Dress head to toe in your favorite color for Favorite Color Day.
Thursday, March 3rd: Thing 1, Thing 2-Twin/Look Alike Day. You and a friend wear matching clothes.
Friday, March 4th: Oh the Places You’ll Go-Dress as your favorite character from a BOOK!
And…back by popular demand, students will have opportunities to earn Seuss Citations over two weeks, 2/22 – 3/4. All school staff will be loaded down with Seuss Citations to hand out to any student they catch making Seusstastic choices like following the CME Guidelines for Success or any good citizenship behavior.
Once a student receives a Seuss Citation, they can stop by the Library and place it in one of many book baskets for their chance to win a free book in our Dr. Seuss Book Raffle. Book choices include award winners in addition to some of the newly announced 2016 ALA Book Awards! Winners will be announced on Monday, March 7th!
Wellness: Roller Skating
Who: 3rd - 5th grades
What: Roller Skating!!!
When: Jan. 11th - Feb. 4th
Where: Wellness class (on your day of the special area rotation)
Please be sure to dress appropriately on your wellness day to help with safety as we skate!
If you would like a Kelly Green or Royal Blue Clays Mill T-shirt, the PTA still has some available for sale in the following sizes: Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Medium, and Adult Large. Youth sizes are $10 and Adult sizes are $12. Contact Jennifer Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for your order.
Kroger Community Rewards Fundraiser
The Kroger fundraising program is changing. You no longer need to buy reloadable Kroger gift cards to support the Clays Mill PTA. Now you will be linking your plus card to Clays Mill as a part of Kroger's new Community Rewards program that begins September 1st in order for us to recieve a quarterly payout based on our spending at Kroger. Please visit the following website and link your plus card to us by logging in to your online Kroger Plus account (or setting up the online feature if you haven't) and connecting to our organization--CME PTA's ID: 11655.
If you have any problems signing up, please call Kroger at 1-866-221-4141. If you have any questions about Clays Mill's participation please call Jennifer Carey at (859) 948-6792.
CME Electronics Recycling Program
We are excited to partner with Funding Factory to recycle our old printer cartridges, cell phones and electronics. Please see the flyer below for more details.
Contact Mrs. Bethel: email@example.com
or Mrs. Carrico: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.