Clays Mill Elementary
Clays Mill's Guidelines for Success:
Cooperate with Others
Always Show Respect
“The mission of Clays Mill Elementary School is to create a collaborative community that ensures all students achieve at high levels and graduate prepared to excel in a global society.”
Library News and Information
May 6th - Last day to check out library books!
May 20th - Last day to turn in a library book with out being charged a fine.
PTA News and Information
At the April PTA meeting, a new slate of officers for the PTA Executive Board 2016-2017 school year was submitted to the Board. The Board will vote on the nominations at the next PTA meeting on May 2nd. Please join us for this important meeting as we elect our new officers. We are still in need of a volunteer to serve as the 3rd VP, Communications Chair. This position involves compiling and sending the weekly newsletter and other important communications to all of our families. If you have any questions regarding this position or would like to submit your name, please contact Beth Sturgill at email@example.com.
PTA Executive Board Nominees for 2016-2017
President: Cheri Thompson
1st VP, Membership: Athena Willis
2nd VP, Ways and Means: Christen Baldwin
3rd VP, Communications: vacant
Secretary: Sarah Zellar
Treasurer: Kendra Rumford
Thank you to those who have graciously served the past two years and volunteered their time and service to help our school
SBDM Parent Representative Nominations
The following parents have been nominated for CME's Site Based Decision Making council. Please see their attached bio/resumes for information about each of our parent representatives.
Saturday, May 14th @ CME
Join the FCPS Office of Instructional Technology from 9:30-12:30 for registration details and more information please click the link below.
We had students, staff and parents come to CME after school to pull weeds and plant flowers. Thank you for your hard work and making our school grounds beautiful!
Snow Make Up Days
FCPS has announced that the following days we will now be in session to make up our missed school days due to snow!
Kindergarten Registration 2016-17 School Year
April 5th - 28th
June 6th - 7th
These weekday registration windows are open 9:00am -1:00pm.
Please bring the following to registration:
- Child's birth certificate or other reliable proof of identity (see below*)
- Two proofs of residence, such as a property deed or current lease agreement in your name and a secondary document such as a current utility bill or a current tax bill or receipt
- Proof of child's recent preventative health care exam **
- Up-to-date Kentucky immunization certificate **
- Proof of an eye exam (due by Jan. 1, 2017)
- Proof of a dental exam (due by Jan. 1, 2017)
- Court documents pertaining to your child, if applicable
** You may register without these two documents, but your child may not attend school until they are on file with FCPS.
* Proof of identity & birth date
A legal copy of the child's birth certificate or another official document proving the child's identity and date of birth is required for school registration. These are acceptable alternatives:
- Student's valid passport or other federal government identification;
- Custody decree or court order of dissolution of marriage of the student's parents, identifying the child by name and date of birth;
- Student's valid Kentucky driver's license or permit (if 16 or older);
- Prior school records (other than FCPS) identifying student by name and date of birth; or
- "At this time, I am unable to provide the school with one of the acceptable forms of proof listed above. I understand that this constitutes written notice that Kentucky state law requires that I provide the certified birth certificate or one of the above-listed items to the school within 30 days of student enrollment. If I fail to do so, I understand that I will be reported to local law enforcement or the Kentucky State Police for investigation."
You can get a birth-certificate application from the assigned school or from the Fayette County Health Department, 650 Newtown Pike; call (859) 252-2371.
If you have questions regarding kindergarten enrollment feel free to contact our school secretary or look on the FCPS Kindergarten registration website for additional information.
If you would like a Kelly Green or Royal Blue Clays Mill T-shirt, the PTA still has some available for sale in the following sizes: Youth Medium, Youth Large, Adult Medium, and Adult Large. Youth sizes are $10 and Adult sizes are $12. Contact Jennifer Carey at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements for your order.
Kroger Community Rewards Fundraiser
The Kroger fundraising program is changing. You no longer need to buy reloadable Kroger gift cards to support the Clays Mill PTA. Now you will be linking your plus card to Clays Mill as a part of Kroger's new Community Rewards program that begins September 1st in order for us to recieve a quarterly payout based on our spending at Kroger. Please visit the following website and link your plus card to us by logging in to your online Kroger Plus account (or setting up the online feature if you haven't) and connecting to our organization--CME PTA's ID: 11655.
If you have any problems signing up, please call Kroger at 1-866-221-4141. If you have any questions about Clays Mill's participation please call Jennifer Carey at (859) 948-6792.
CME Electronics Recycling Program
We are excited to partner with Funding Factory to recycle our old printer cartridges, cell phones and electronics. Please see the flyer below for more details.
Contact Mrs. Bethel: email@example.com
or Mrs. Carrico: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.